|Feature Picture: Watermelon Refresher from Fashion Addicted Foodies|
A few of the best summer drinks - when the days are long and hot, this is the best treat!
makes 8 servings
- 6 cups of ice
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 4 ounces of forzen strawberries
- 1/8 cup of lime juice
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 3/4 cup of rum
- 1/4 cup of lemon-lime flavoured carbonated beverage
Directions: Blend all ingredients together in a blender.
makes 4 servings
- Ice cubes
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pineapple chunks
- Sliced pineapple, for garnish, optional
- Maraschino cherry, for garnish, optional
Directions: Fill blender halfway with ice cubes.
Add rum, coconut cream, coconut milk and pineapple chunks. Puree.
Serve, garnished with a slice of pineapple and maraschino cherry, if desired.
makes 3 servings
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) silver tequila (100% agave)
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) high quality Triple Sec or Cointreau
- 2 1/2 ounces (5 tablespoons) juice from 4 to 5 limes
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) simple syrup (see note above)
- 12 ounces ice (about 3 cups)
Directions: At least 8 hours before serving: combine tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and simple syrup in sealable container that will fit in your freezer.
Seal and place in freezer at least 8 hours and up to one week (mixture will remain completely liquid).
When ready to serve, add ice and tequila mixture to blender.
Blend on highest setting, pulsing and scraping down sides as necessary until completely smooth.
makes 1 serving
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces of white rum
- 1/2 cup club soda
Directions: Place mint leaves and 1 lime wedge into a sturdy glass. Use a muddler to crush the mint and lime to release the mint oils and lime juice. Add 2 more lime wedges and the sugar, and muddle again to release the lime juice. Do not strain the mixture. Fill the glass almost to the top with ice. Pour the rum over the ice, and fill the glass with carbonated water. Stir, taste, and add more sugar if desired. Garnish with the remaining lime wedge.
makes 12 servings
- 1 bottle(s) (1.5 liters) red wine
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup(s) brandy
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 2 (nectarines) pitted and cut into wedges
- 1 orange, cut in half then sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 (Kirby (pickling) cucumber) sliced
- 3 cup(s) seltzer or club soda, chilled
- Ice cubes
Directions: In 3- to 4-quart pitcher, combine wine, orange juice, brandy, and sugar; stir until sugar dissolves. Stir in fruit and cucumber. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 3 hours or overnight. To serve, stir seltzer into pitcher. Fill glasses with ice and pour sangria.
Long Island Iced Tea
makes 1 serving
- 1 fluid ounce of vodka
- 1 fluid ounce of gold tequila
- 1 fluid ounce of rum
- 1 fluid ounce of gin
- 1 fluid ounce of Cointreau or triple sec
- 5 fluid ounces of sweet and sour mix
- 2 fluid ounces of cola
- 1 lime wedge
Directions: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice; pour in vodka, tequila, rum, gin, Cointreau, and sweet and sour mix. Cover and shake until the outside of the shaker is frosty. Place a few cubes of ice into a highball glass, and strain in the iced tea. Top with the cola, and garnish with a wedge of lime.
makes 1.5 litres
- 1/4 Seedless Watermelon
- 1 liter Schweppes Slimline Indian Tonic Water
- 2-3 Limes
Directions: Roughly chop the watermelon into cubes (makes 3-4 cups of watermelon cubes). Set aside a thin slice of the watermelon quarter for garnish. Slightly smash the watermelon cubes with a fork or a potato smasher. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime into the watermelon cubes. Transfer into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the liquified watermelon (approx. 400 ml) through a sieve. With a spoon mix and press as much as possible of the watermelon through the sieve. Disregard the pulp left on the sieve. Transfer the watermelon juice into a jug. Thinly slice 1-2 limes. Cut the watermelon slice into smaller pieces. Put the lime and watermelon slices into the jug. Pour in the Schweppes Slimline Indian Tonic Water. Mix. Add ice. Serve immediately.