Whether you’re going big or need to save, here are some great gift ideas for Valentine’s Day. These are all gifts you can order online, find locally or with a short trip to the mall.
1. Jewelry: You can’t go wrong with jewelry. Pick something tasteful and timeless that is her style. As shown: Tiffany Paloma Picasso and Kate Spade “Heart of Gold” Idiom Bangle.
2. Stuffed Animals: Cute and cuddly for the nights you can’t be there – a stuffed animal will melt her heart.
3. Wallet: Thoughtful and sweet, especially if you add a picture of you both to the inside! As shown: Kate Spade Cedar Street Small Stacy and Rebecca Minkoff Be Mine Heart Pouch.
4. Watch: A watch is always an amazing gift to receive, and every time he checks the time, you will be on his mind. As shown: SKAGEN DENMARK Balder Mens Three Hand Chronograph Steel Link Titanium Watch.
5. Luxury Boxers: Something both you and him will enjoy, and something he may not splurge on normally. As shown: Calvin Klein Underwear Dual Tone Trunk.
6. Wallet: Useful and thoughtful! A new wallet is always great to have, and not all will break the bank! As shown: LAUREN RALPH LAUREN Wallet.
7. Baked Goods: Have you heard the saying “the way to a man's heart is through his stomach,” well woman also love sweet treats, especially when their man made it! This is an inexpensive and cute gift to receive.
8. Photo book: If you have a lot of pictures together, this is a personal and thoughtful gift to give! Create online, or make yourself.
9. Gift Basket: Create your own gift basket with all of your love’s favourite things! For her: tea, chocolate, candles, picture frame, etc. For him: beer, chocolate, picture frame, dvds, etc.
10. Candy Jars: Fill jars with your love’s favourite candies and write a note on the top. I love you to pieces (Reese Pieces), I’m hooked on you (gummy worms), Hugs & Kisses (Hershey’s kisses and hugs), You’re Hot (Cinnamon hearts)… and the ideas go on!
11. Chocolate: A classic and timeless Valentine’s gift, as long as they love chocolate – but who doesn’t?!
12. Flowers: Another classic, but they don’t have to be roses! Any flowers are lovely to receive on Valentine’s Day. Fortinos on Main St. has a great flower shop, as well as other local florists.
13. Ideal Night: Think of their favourite things, and make the ideal night for them! Whether it’s staying in with pizza and a movie, or cooking them dinner and having a glass of wine. There are endless ideas that don’t have to be expensive.