I am so obsessed with these muffins! We have been making them for lunches the past few weeks! They are a new favourite at our house. The bonus is that they are filled with ingredients that you can feel good about!
I have been playing around with this recipe, trying to substitute different ingredients that are healthier. This is the best so far, and it probably won't be changed much more because we love it! Though, the flours can be changed and substituted. I found that in terms of protein/fats/carbs that this was the best combination! To be honest, I don't think that the flavour changed too much when you switch the flours, so try different things!
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mash the bananas, and combine the coconut oil and sugar until smooth.
- Add the yogurt, eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add the flours (almond, flaxseed, dark rye flour and spelt flour), salt, baking soda and coconut flakes. Mix until all ingredient are combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide evenly into muffin cups. Ensure the muffin cups are greased or lined.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until tops are golden, and toothpick comes out clean when pressed into muffins.